PHP Classes

Slow and purpose

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Text Classification  >  All threads  >  Slow and purpose  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Slow and purpose
Summary:Clarification needed
Author:Pat Boens
Date:2013-02-06 17:03:46
Update:2013-03-02 16:11:57

1. Slow and purpose   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pat Boens Pat Boens - 2013-02-06 17:03:46
Hi Denis,

I think that your class can be really useful but I completely miss the point of the results it shows when applied to the example your have provided.

Also, I believe it is damn slow (I was oblige to set the maximum time limit to 120 sec for it to produce an output).

Can you provide more examples or at least explain what you're trying to achieve? I ask this question in the context of a tool we're writing that helps assign a taxonomy to a web page. In other terms, we're constructing a tool whose goal is to see if a page talks about economy, cars, planes, software, ...

Many of the things we do is common to your code: we chop sentences in words, we compare words to stems (root of words), ... In the end, we want to be able to rank a page compared to the intended subject and audience.

By sharing some experience, we might be in a position to offer a good and unique tool to the developer community (we're open source oriented).

Can you revert back to me on this subject? my email address is pb@latosensu.be. Thanks, Denis.

Pat

2. Re: Slow and purpose   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Pashkov Denis Igorevich Pashkov Denis Igorevich - 2013-03-02 16:11:57 - In reply to message 1 from Pat Boens
Hello there.
I had Update Parser.php So now it's match faster .