Updated on: 2022-10-10
Posted on: 2022-09-22
Viewers: 233 (September 2022)
Package: Router App
Usually, MVC frameworks have a router component that processes HTTP requests and forwards each request to the controller class or callback function configured by the application to handle the request and generate the HTTP response.
Read this short tutorial to learn how to implement MVC routing using the Router App package quickly.
What is the Router App Package
The Router App package is a class that can process HTTP requests and handles them by PHP scripts configured by a PHP MVC application.
Why Implementing HTTP Request Routing is a Good Practice
Routing different HTTP requests to different PHP scripts is a good practice because it helps make your MVC applications more organized.
How to Implement HTTP Request Routing using the Router App Package
1. First, you need to build your page as you want and need to put a script inside the components directory.
For instance, you can have scripts like home.php or login.php or any others you want to have to implement the different PHP application pages.
In the Router App package, I have added the home.php, about.php, and contact.php, for example.
2. Then, create a new instance for the Router class.
3. Then use get($route, $pathToFile); for get method or use post($route, $pathToFile); for post method
4. Call the run() function, as seen in the index.php script.
Note that for any request sent to your application site that you did not configure in the index.php example script, the Router App will respond by rendering pages to display a 404 not found message.
5. For example, to make a page for login and a register, create the files login.php and register.php inside the components directory.
6. Then, in index.php, include Router class like as follows below:
That is all.
How to Download or Install the Router App using PHP Composer
You can download the Router App package by going to the package page, clicking on the Download tab, and then clicking on the links to download the tar.gz or zip archives to download the package or click on the Install with Composer link to get instructions to create a composer.json file to install this package from the PHP Classes site using the PHP Composer tool.
You need to be a registered user or login to post a comment
Login Immediately with your account on:
1. my point of view - Aladdin Masoud (2022-10-10 03:05)
good job... - 0 replies
Read the whole comment and replies